5 reasons why Lali is the strongest Baba-lover dog in the Southern Hemisphere
1) She observed silence this past Silence Day. We noticed … not one bark all day.
2) Her name: Lali from the Sanskrit Lalita (beautiful girl); Sanskrit = the oldest and most spiritual language.
3) When she was a puppy I remember saying Baba’s Name out loud to her hundreds of times, giving her a head start in her relationship with Him!
4) Nighty night tuck in: Tricia has an established ritual tucking Lali in her bed for the night. She lays her head gently on Lali and repeats over and over: Jai Baba, Meher Baba, Meher Baba … as she pets and strokes her. All the time Lali has a contended groan - rumbling in her throat (similar to a cat’s purring).
5) When she heard us discussing this blog entry she nudged a photo of Baba with her nose, off a low-lying table in the living room … and struck this pose.